Dr. Kavitha Rao - DGO
Dr. Kavitha Rao, Fellow Cornea, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Fellow Cornea and Anterior Segment, L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad.
S.R.T. Fellow, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai.
D.O (Gold Medalist), D.O.M.S (Gold Medalist), D.N.B. She is Cataract, Cornea, Ocular Surface & Refractive Surgeon at Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital, Mumbai.
• IOL Master, Topography, FACT, Pachymetry, Perimetry, Synoptophore
• FFA, ICG, OCT, Fundus Photo, Potential Acuity Meter, PHP
• Electrodiagnostics – ERG, MFERG, VEP, MFVEP, EOG
• Photo Dynamic Therapy (PDT), Double Frequency ND YAG Laser
• Pathology Services
• General Ward & Super Deluxe Rooms with 24 hrs nursing services
• 4 internationally designed Operation theaters with latest State of the art equipment
• 24 hrs Eye Bank (www.adityajyoteyebank.org)
Dr Kavita Rao has done a year long fellowship in Cornea at The Cullen Eye Institute, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, U.S.A, where she trained exclusively in the latest advances in
Prior to that, she honed her skills with a long term fellowship in Cornea and Anterior Segment at the distinguished L. V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad. She has trained in phacoemulsification and advanced cataract surgical techniques at the prestigious Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai. She has done her undergraduate and postgraduate training in Ophthalmology from the K.E.M Hospital, Mumbai, having received the university Gold Medal for the best student in Ophthalmology. She has several research papers published in peer-reviewed international journals, including the American Journal of Ophthalmology and the British Journal of Ophthalmology. She has presented her work at International and National forums.
Her special interests are in
She is among the few surgeons in the country to perform Corneal Endothelial Transplantation (Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial Keratoplasty), having trained internationally for the procedure. This is a new revolutionary method of corneal replacement surgery without the need for surface incisions or stitches, unlike conventional corneal grafting surgery.